You can recycle scrap steel in Singapore that includes alloys, stainless steel, and carbon steel. In case you are wondering if carbon & alloy steel are similar, then you are mistaken. An alloy is a combination of multiple metals that you can use for different purposes, like to withstand higher temperatures. Carbon steel is usually a smaller metal item for snapping under pressure.
You can find steel in almost everything like chain link fencing, thimbles, steel wire and cable, car, truck, and lots more. The best part of steel is that it is excellent to use in any situation where we can deal with significant heat, protecting things, or holding them together. It does not matter where we find them, these steel items and equipment can rust, so we have to throw them out eventually.
Why Should You Recycle Steel?
The best thing about steel is that it is remarkably recyclable, and about 75% of steel scrap is recycled every year. As you know, mining and production of new metal leave a huge carbon footprint that can hamper our environment.
By recycling steel, you can contribute to saving the environment in 3 different ways:
- It reduces carbon dioxide emissions from mining and the fabrication of new steel. It makes our Mother Earth a better place to live.
- If mining of steel stops, the oxidation of the soil by leaching will automatically slow down. It makes soil less acidic and promotes plant growth.
- When we prevent steel from being sent to a garbage dump, less concentration of metals particles such as chromium, and nickel will contaminate the local groundwater. So, recycling steel ensures that freshwater is not polluted.
Not only you’ll help the environment but also recycling steel will keep the price of steel goods down. Steel manufacturing costs will be less along with less energy consumption, and recycled products shipped to other countries.
Where To Find Steel Scrap?
As mentioned above, steel metal is easy to find, and it is the most recycled metal. We use steel in our everyday life in a dozen items:
- Car and trucks parts
- Kitchen appliances or sink
- Steel cable or wire
- Box fans
- Door hinges
- Grill tongs
- Fireplace tongs
The best part about steel is that it is durable, and it protects things while holding them together. No matter how durable steel is, it can rust with time and eventually, we have to throw them out. We must dispose of steel without harming the environment. Rather than putting it in the trash, you should sell it to the scrap dealers and make some money out of it.
3 Steps For Recycling Steel
Check out the following steps required in the steel recycling process.
Collecting Your Steel Scrap
The important part is to collect the steel scrap first. Make sure that you are wearing work gloves while gathering scrap steel and old steel items. For gloves, you can have leather or similar materials as they work best.
Gloves protect your hand from scratch, scrape, or cut as steel scrap is rusty. Taking safety measures is the only way you can reduce the risk of injury.
Sorting Your Steel
Make sure that the collected metal scrap contains only steel and not other metals such as aluminium, copper etc. How are you going to do that? Get a magnet and two bins so that you can sort your metals.
How are you going to do that? You can pass over the metal with the magnet and check if it sticks. If it sticks, then it is a ferrous metal. If it did not stick, then you can go ahead and put it in different bins and can be sent with non-ferrous metals. It is one of the best ways to ensure that you are gathering steel in one place and selling the sorted metal gets you the best price in the market.
Delivering Your Steel
Steel is not only recyclable, but it is also efficient. It gives around 75% of the energy needed to produce from new raw materials. Want to get rid of steel scrap?
Load up your scrap steel and deliver it to LH Metal in Singapore. You can call us at (65) 9106 7577 to know more about our services. Call us if you have lots of steel items in your junkyard, we will reach your desired destination. We also provide overseas services.
Why You Should Choose LH Metal To Sell Your Scrap Steel
LH Metal, founded on 29th July 2014, is one of the best dealers in the scrap metal industry. The main goal of our company is to collect, trade, and recycle all kinds of metal, including ferrous and non-ferrous. We resell your scrap metal in Singapore as well as overseas.
Some other benefits are:
- We have hands-on experience in buying, selling, and recycling all scrap metal.
- We specialize in salvaging and recycling scrap metals, and transforming metal into new products is something we are good at
- We have proper knowledge of substantial and experience in metal waste management solutions.
- The team is fully trained, and they are aware of potential risks. Our team wears all the protective gear and equipment like gloves, helmets, shoes etc.
- We offer the best prices on the metal scrap than the rest of the market.
- We are the scrap metal specialist, and we focus on reducing waste through recycling and separation processes.
- We have large containers and trucks which will help pick and collect your scrap metal from your scrapyard.
- We are happy to resell your industrial machinery that can lose its efficiency to the interested parties. We ensure that the heavy equipment is in good condition when delivered.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we are happy to be your go-to metal scrap team. Call us anytime, and we will reach out to your desired destination.