Aluminium is a non-ferrous metal that can be recycled and repurposed. It is the most recycled metal of all metals. There is no limitation on the number of times aluminium can be recycled.
Throughout the recycled metal industry, aluminium is considered substantially more valuable than any other recycled metals. Aluminium recycling in Singapore, and across the world has many environmental benefits. Aluminium is the most plentiful metal on the earth as it is incredible, resilient, versatile, and sustainable.
Manufacturing new products from recycled aluminium cans take 95% less energy than starting from scratch with virgin metal ore. You might not know that 25 recycled cans are now manufactured with the same energy as it takes to manufacture from metal ore.
History Of Aluminum
You might be amazed to know that nobody knew about aluminium 250 years ago. It might be hard to believe that aluminium is found practically everywhere today, from cans to other packaging as well as window frames and vehicles.
Aluminium was not isolated until 1826, despite being one of the most common elements found in the earth’s crust. It is found in a mixture of substances inside the bauxite.
The process requires four tonnes of bauxite to produce one tonne of aluminium in trade. The whole process consumes a lot of energy and is expensive. The recycling of aluminium takes only 5% of the energy, and it produces the primary metal. Reason aluminium recycling is popular and widespread.
The Aluminum Recycling Industry Today
Today, industries are fully equipped with metal monetary and manufacturing value determining aluminum easily.
Many metal recycling companies in Singapore work very closely with the local council to ensure the maximum amount of aluminium is recovered from the waste stream. It is then used somewhere valuable.
Not many people are aware that aluminium metal waste is subdivided into two fundamental types: aluminium scrap and old aluminium scrap. The leftovers from manufacturing and fabrication processes have a 100% recycling rate and are known as new scrap metal. The aluminium scrap used in packaging, engineering, building, and lots more has a 75% recycling rate.
Uses For Recycled Aluminum
There are lots of ways you can use recycled and salvaged aluminium like:
- Aluminium used in building and construction recycles at the rate of roughly 92-98%.
- Aluminium from car bodies and other vehicles recycled at an estimated 95% of a vehicle’s weight should be recovered or reused.
- The recycling rate for aluminium packaging is 42%, which is very low in comparison.
What Are The Benefits Of Aluminium Recycling?
The benefits of recycling aluminium are:
- Aluminium can be recycled an infinite number of times and making it the ideal material for meeting the needs of industries. Aluminium is reused multiple times for the maximum amount of time.
- Aluminium can be melted down and reformed repeatedly without losing its material qualities.
- Aluminium recycling is incredibly energy efficient. Just a single tonne of aluminium saves up to nine tonnes of CO2 emissions that would otherwise be released into the environment.
- Recycling aluminium will also help you avoid the need to mine new bauxite ore.
- Less amount of energy and raw materials are used by recycling aluminium cans.
Aluminium Scrap Value
According to the global market, the value of aluminium shifts dramatically and fluctuates daily. The instability occurs due to several factors like the supply and demand of aluminium nationwide.
You should also know that aluminium scrap is highly sought after and inherently valuable to many scrap metal dealers in Singapore. If you want to sell your scrap metal, then you need to find the best dealers. The best dealer will pay per kg or tonne for a wide range of products, from cans and cabling to radiators, plates, and other aluminium-based alloys.
Recycle Your Aluminium with LH Metal
At LH Metal, we recycle tonnes of aluminium to limit the amount of CO2 entering our atmosphere. We accept all kinds of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and give you the best possible price in the industry.
We always offer our customers the most up-to-date prices for the scrap they bring. Whenever you call us, you can be sure of getting the best value for your scrap metal.
If you have tons of scrap metal in your backyard or construction site, our team picks it up from the location. Our professionals will drop the scrap metal at our approved recycling sites.